A mother-daughter conversation on food and cooking (mostly)

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Pasta with Italian Sausage


No, we didn't eat the dog. We adopted her, and that's why I haven't posted much this week. I've been exhausted and, I'm sorry to say, eating nothing very interesting -- pizza from our local Greek pizza joint; lettuce with salad dressing and nuts; cereal; grilled cheese sandwiches. I'm ready to get back to cooking more.

A few nights ago, though, I made a pasta sauce with Italian sausage, red peppers, onions, oregano, basil, and tomatoes. On Lawson's recommendation I added fennel seeds, some dried red peppers, and parsley. It was good. I love sausage because I love the idea of meat as seasoning rather than giant chunk of main ingredient.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I completely agree about sausage. I guiltily love all processed meats: ham, bacon, salami, you name it. But if I only use an ounce or two of processed meat in a recipe, surely that's better than a big slab of it?