A mother-daughter conversation on food and cooking (mostly)

Sunday, January 7, 2007

Greek Madness


Grandma gave me a Greek cookbook for Christmas and tonight was our second or third all-Greek meal. I have used a quart of olive oil this week.

The menu:

--Pork Stew with Olives, Anchovies, Cilantro, and Red Wine
--Gigantes (Large White Beans--I used large dried limas)
--Salad of Collard Greens (cooked and cooled) dressed with Lemon Juice and topped with Fried Garlic and Chopped Hard-Boiled Egg

Everything was so flavorful, but the collards were something special.

I have made only one New Year's resolution: to eat more vegetables. I want to explore all the ones I haven't tried, and eat more of my favorites, and maybe eat a little less meat and starch in the process.

Above is a picture of Dad's arugula and collard crop.

1 comment:

Eva said...

Ooooh! That stew sounds wonderful. And Dad's greens are, as always, lovely.