A mother-daughter conversation on food and cooking (mostly)

Friday, February 13, 2009

Fancy Nachos


Trying to use up food from the fridge, I made pretentious fancy nachos with:
  • homemade corn chips
  • bourbon-tomatillo black beans
  • goat Brie
  • white cheddar
  • roasted red peppers
  • cilantro
  • chives
I made the corn chips by cutting up corn tortillas and frying them in a small amount of peanut oil.

I made the beans by opening a can of black beans and cooking them down with some Herdez green salsa and 1/8 cup of bourbon. No kidding.

I compiled the whole thing and baked it for 10 minutes or so.

No meat here...maybe something like leftover roasted duck or homemade wild boar sausage might have been silly enough to match the rest of the dish.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Wow, nice job. I don't care if they are silly, I want some.