A mother-daughter conversation on food and cooking (mostly)

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Spicy Pork Tacos!


Spicy pork tacos! I don't know why that requires an exclamation point, but it does.

Lawson smoked a pork butt last week. We ate the meat with his homemade barbecue sauce for the first few days, but then I decided to try something else. I added chopped roasted green chiles, a fresh green chile, some diced tomato, lime juice, and salt to the leftover smoked pork, and I served it with corn tortillas. On the side we had roasted cauliflower. It was pretty delicious -- the smoked pork stood up really well to the roasted green chile flavor. I will try it again next time we have smoked pork around.

Note to readers: Kris/Mom is going to be on the road for the next 40 or so days, so it'll just be me posting...and she'll have a lot to catch up on when she returns.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I am bemused by the instruction at the bottom of the comment page: "Choose an identity." I suppose we do that every time we get dressed in the morning.

Anyway--your tacos are incredibly appetizing. I'd like that for our first night on the road.