A mother-daughter conversation on food and cooking (mostly)

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Very Funny Raspberry Vinaigrette (and Sausage Pasta)



I've made this salad dressing a few times--it makes me laugh. I've had raspberry vinaigrette in restaurants, and I've bought pricey bottled versions. But now since we always have raspberry syrup on hand from Christmas gifts, I mix a couple of tablespoons of it with any vinegar-and-oil dressing, and voila! I cut it with a little wine vinegar if it's too cloying, and add some olive oil if it's too sharp. It's good. Last night's salad was red lettuce, oranges, walnuts, green onions, feta cheese, and the above raspberry vinaigrette.

I also made a pasta sauce with spicy Italian chicken sausage, bell peppers, garlic, and tomato--fresh herbs--and served it over brown rice linguine.

No comments: