A mother-daughter conversation on food and cooking (mostly)

Monday, November 20, 2006

Sandwich for One

Tonight Lawson and I both worked late. He opted for cereal for dinner. I made myself a grilled sandwich with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, parmesan, fresh basil, and salad greens (and plenty of olive oil). On the side I am eating a whole avocado.

The rainbow trout last night was kind of a fiasco. The bacon grease dripped into the grill and the trout caught on fire...we had to squirt the flames with the little water bottle I use when I cut Lawson's hair...and the bacon unraveled in mummy tatters, half of it burnt and half still pale and chewy. And then after all that drama the trout was bland with hints of ammonia -- not as fresh as it looked. But the acorn squash was excellent.

No comments: